Monday, December 13, 2010

Mahi mahi fish with lime, turmeric, ginger, coriander, chilli, hawaii style











I'm winding down from my Hawaiian trip as I slink back into the Sydney pace (but I'll keep my Hawaii laid back vibe!)

This is a dish I created for my new man, a dish that is sweet, salty, a touch of heat and sour from the limes, to accompany this dish was a papaya tomato and cucumber coriander salsa with lot's of fresh lime juice and also a basmati pilaf.

I picked up the fish from my local fish monger in Balgowlah and was so happy to find Mahi Mahi, it is a thick white fish but actually light when digested, it is super yummy and this recipe was designed around it.

Enjoy!


3 mahi mahi fillets (around 800grams try and get similar sized fillets)
2 limes, juiced
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small red chilli
3 small slithers ginger
1 teaspoon turmeric paste ( I use pure foods a new organic spice company, it's a wet paste and turmeric is a cancer fighter and antioxidant)
1/4 bunch fresh coriander
6 baby tomatoes (these are from my garden)


Method

Lay the fish down in a baking dish and mix all the above ingredients into a marinade pouring over the top, decorate with tomatoes and coriander and bake for 30 minutes on 170 degrees cover with foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment