Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Summer berry tart
Thank you to everyone who has supported The Organic Cook this year, if you're a client, student or blog reader we really appreciate your emails and encouragement to keep us inspired in the kitchen. Wishing you and your family a safe, healthy and joyful christmas.
To go out on a yummy note special thanks to our friend Michal Nassi and her gorgeous summer berry tart. Michal is from my kitchen wisdom Michal is a talented baker and can be contacted for gluten/dairy free birthday cakes and all your special dietary needs! We love this recipe and Michal's food styling and photography. Thanks for sharing!
Big Merry christmas and hope you will be inspired to try out some new recipes over the holiday period.
The berries filling:
450 mixed berries- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc,,,
50g raw sugar
The base and crumbs:
320g spelt flour
50g almond meal
50g pure icing sugar
65g raw sugar
240 cold butter cut to small cubes
1-teaspoon vanilla essence
- Soak the berries for 15 min in sugar and alcohol
- Preheat the oven to 170c
- The base: place all the ingredients except of the egg in a food
processor, and process only until you get crumbs, better use
- Take out 2 cups of the crumbs and set aside that will be our top
- Add the egg and process to create the dough.
- Place the dough in a 24cm tart tin or 8 small ones.
- On top of the dough place the berries with their fluid, on top
place the crumbs.
- Bake for 35 min or until the crumbs get a nice golden colour.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, YUM!!!
Michal – My Kitchen wisdom
** Where I can I usually use organic produce, highly